Sado City, Niigata Pref.
Sado Mine is a historic site with some four centuries of history as a gold and silver mine. Today, it features figures showing authentic depictions of mining work, and is home to several historic sites that have collectively received Heritage of Industrial Modernization designation.
- 15 min. train ride from Joetsumyoko Sta. to Naoetsu Sta. -> 7 min. bus ride to Naoetsu Port -> 100 min. ferry ride to Ogi Port -> 90 min. drive
- 1305 Shimoaikawa, Sado City, Niigata
- Apr. to Oct.: 8:00 to 17:30
Nov. to Mar.: 8:30 to 17:00
(Last admission 30 min. before close)
- Open 7 days a week (certain guided tours available only from Apr. through Nov.)
- Varies by course. Adults: 900–2,400 yen
- Tel No.
- Fee / Price