Motorcar Museum of Japan
Komatsu City, Ishikawa Pref.
You know you are at the right place when you see a Meiji Western style 3-story building with 250,000 red bricks. Inside this Museum, there are over 500 cars from the 1900s (Meiji 34) to the 1970s (Showa 45) from around the world displayed in a 12,000m2 exhibition hall. As you walk through the hall, you will sure understand how automobile was a symbol for dream and romance from the assorted cars in this Museum, including sports cars from Japan, popular automobiles from Europe, and the Rolls Royce that carried Princess Diana when she visited Japan. If at any time you were overwhelmed by the number of cars, you can take a break at the photo corner and bathrooms with toilets collected from around the world (you can actually use them). Restaurants and souvenir shops are also available on the 1st floor.
- Take the CANBUS from JR Kaga Onsen Sta. and get off at Motorcar Museum of Japan (20 min. ride).
- 40 Ikkanyama, Futatsunashi-machi, Komatsu City, Ishikawa
- 09:00-17:00 (last admittance 16:30)
- Every Wednesday (If that day is holiday,close next day)
Dec. 26 - 31
(Open every day from Aug.1 -31 )
- 1,200 yen (1,000 yen for seniors; 600 yen for elementary and middle school students)
- Tel No.
- Fee / Price