Minakami Town, Gunma Pref.
Ateliers for straw work, pottery, and bamboo work are scattered throughout this scenically situated mountain village. Take a stroll through this popular tourist spot and see artisan craftsmanship and even experience making traditional craftworks originating in ancient Japan.
- About 25 min. by bus from Jomokogen Sta. on JR Joetsu Shinkansen
About 20 min. by car from Tsukiyono IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
- +81-278-62-0401 (Minakami Tourism Association)
- 847 Sukawa, Minakami, Tone District, Gunma
- 9:00-17:00 (till 16:00 during early Nov. to mid-Mar.)
- Jan.1 (except for the shop and the restaurant in Horaku-kan)
*Closures may vary by workshop facility
- Vary according to trials
- Tel No.
- Fee / Price