Eiheiji Town, Fukui Pref.
Daihonzan Eihei-ji Temple was opened in 1244. Its' grounds are dotted with more than 70 Buddhist sanctums.
- Walk 5 min. from JR Fukui Sta. to Echizen Railway Fukui Sta. -> 29 min. by Echizen Railway Katsuyama-Eiheiji Line to Eiheiji-Guchi Sta. -> 15 min. by Keifuku Bus to Eiheiji bus stop -> 5 min. walk
- 10-5 Shihi, Eiheiji-cho, Yoshida-gun, Fukui
- 8:00-17:00 (varies by season)
*Consult for information on overnight prayer in the temple, or 4-day / 3-night Zen meditation.
- [Entrance charge] Adults: 500 yen, children (7-15): 200 yen
- 2days-ticket for Eiheiji Temple -Tojinbo Cliffs (Japanese only)
- Tel No.
- Fee / Price